Dear RickyI hope you got my last e-mail saying I got the airline ticket etc. The reason I wonder is that I did your address for memory, and I may have said .com in lieu of .net. Oh, well, I haven't received the message backso it probably did go.
I won the Sidney Lanier Oglethorpe Poet Laureat Award for proseAnother classmate got the one for poetry. It was probably the biggest day of my life.
When I embarked on this path of academia, I never expected to get any awards, and now I have two, not to mention a degree. Awards Day is a such big deal at OglethorpeAll the professors march into the auditorium in their gownsVery impressive.
Afterwards, we had a free picnic outside with a lot of good food. I really enjoyed myselfso many came up to me and either hugged my neck or shook my hand. Dr. Turner,who teaches accounting, said the thing that impressed him about my winning this particular award is that I am not even an English majorWell, I said to him, I tutored the accounting students, and I am not even an accounting major either. We had a laugh.
Really, can hardly wait to see you.
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:13:13 DT
From: Margaret Nix
- Colorful Postcards From Your Oglethorpe Mother, No.1
- Mother Has Her Days
- Mother At Oglethorpe, Old Friends Pass
- Honored By Sidney Lanier Oglethorpe Poet Laureat Award
- General Messaging Unit (Mother To Son)
- Chicago Bound, Theories of Personality, Nearby Motels Etc.
- Mole In Your Groin
- Chicago, The Frenchman, And The Missing Teeth Generation
- Still Have Money In My Pocket
© 1999 - 2013, Margaret Nix. All rights reserved.